08 July 2012

Santiago

I kept having this feeling that Santiago was going to be the point where Tyler and I split and went our own ways. We obviously wanted different things from this trip and after almost seven weeks together, I think we were both needing a little space. We got to our adorable hostel La Princesa Insolente and headed to the kitchen to make dinner. I met a guy that works there, Iggy, that invited me out to get some drinks with him and some friends. We met up with two girls, Jax and Carolina, and had pizza and drinks. I was so excited to finally be hanging out with other people. The girls were awesome and I met up with them the next day and went to their apartment to make dinner. I ended up hanging out with them most of my time in Santiago. We drank every night, went dancing, and enjoyed a lovely 4th of July with some of their Chilean friends. I stayed with the girls for a few nights after a week at the hostel and then headed to Argentina-solo.

Cerro Santa Lucia 

the smoggy, yet still beautiful view of the Andes

Jax enjoying a pisco shot

Miércoles Po crew

the only way to not have Chilean men grinding up on us at the club

banana pancakes for breakfast! 

partied in the streets after the Universidad de Chile won the fútbol match

 

adorable little Carolina 

most of the fireworks went up, but a few just exploded in the crowd 

luckily we left before the macing 

 Carolina and I went in search of her abuela in the cemetery

we found her in 1974

on the way we found a drunk 

and Salvador Allende 

this place never ends... 

but we found her abuela and Carolina had a picnic with her

4th of July snacks 

teaching the Chileans beer pong

 losing

BBQ 

drunk ladies 

I LOVE HOT DOGS!

AND I LOVE JAX AND CAROLINA!

2 comments:

  1. WE LOVE YOUUUUUU!!!!!!! MAHHHH!!!! WHY DID YOU LEAVE!!! THIS PICTURES ARE AMAZING!! COME BACK TO MEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to travel onward, but we will meet again!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete