14 July 2012

Salinas Grandes

Since I missed my chance to see the salt flats in Bolivia, I decided to see the smaller version in northern Argentina. I spent the day driving through beautiful mountains and valleys and got to run around in a desert of salt.

Tren de las Nubes 

Look! Horses! 

kissing rocks 

 
a little town we stopped in on the way

cold day, but the sun always helps 

another little town we stopped in for lunch 


laundry rainbow 

 llama pose

burros 

the salt 

cracks 

a desert of salt 

Saltrooper 

salt pools




colorful hills all the way home 

the highest place I've ever been! 

heading back to Salta 

the windy road back down 

valley 

shapes made by the wind and rain

verde 


rojo 

 morado

one last town on the way back 

these markets just never get old...

After an entire day of driving, I planned my trip east to Iquazu and then passed out. I will miss the northeast.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous26 July, 2012

    the salt flats look amazing. probably much more in real life.

    ReplyDelete