08 July 2012

Mendoza

I left Chile without Tyler. I am now a solo female traveler and I couldn't be more excited! The bus from Santiago to Mendoza through the Andes was absolutely beautiful!

 photo thanks to the slightly creepy man next to me

up the Andes 

only a few more turns until the top 

due to the pass being closed for the past few days, the border was INSANE!

after hours at the border, I got my first photo of Argentina

so happy to finally see the sun!

almost to Mendoza

I made it to the hostel just after seven (I should have been there by three...) I joined a group in the living room for wine and then passed out. In the morning, I joined up with three of the people I had met last night and went on a bicycle tour of some local bodegas. 

¡Listo!

Oh how I've missed riding a bike... 

our view of the Andes along the ride 

fall in Argentina 

bodega número uno 

vineyard 

sunshine, bikes, and vino-what more could I ask for? 

lovely streets lined with trees 

bodega número dos 

this is where things really got fun 

 

I was really excited to finally crawl through one of these tiny door-maybe it was the wine 

we sat outside for lunch and warmed our faces in the sun 

carne y vino-my diet for the next few weeks 

 ¡Salud!

we skipped the next bodega and headed straight for the next place for chocolate, olives, jams, and... 

absinthe!

this woman was hilarious and kept warning us to just sip-uno, dos, tres

absinthe and chocolate banana liquor

we all made dinner back at the hostel-I had a little mate and more vino to wash it down

2 comments:

  1. Wow....you're having a blast, look at you! The Andes are beautiful...and the local culture...what fun. Looks good on ya, kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mate, carne, vino, repetir!

    ReplyDelete