10 July 2012

The Saddest Zoo

My last day in Mendoza, I decided to walk to Parque General San Martin. It is a huge park covering over 800 acres that includes more than 300 species of trees and plants. I wondered through the park for awhile and then decided to visit the zoo. Jardín Zoológico de Mendoza is considered to be one of the most important zoos in South America with over 1,280 species. I just thought it was sad...

the park gates 

artificial lake 

so many different trees! 

it's sad to see such beautiful parks and yet so much trash... 

my first view of the animal cages

this puma brought tears to my eyes-pacing back and forth in this tiny cage

there were crackers for sale to feed to the monkeys that everyone was buying-
their cage was littered in crumbs and orange peels

the left over crackers were thrown to the begging bears-
the one in the middle would clap for treats

shit covered rocks

although this place made me sad, I was still excited to see such beautiful animals

chillin' 

I want to be a zebra!

this elephant had no friends, so she was chatting with the elephant murals

food? food? aww, rock...

No comments:

Post a Comment