09 June 2012

Arica, Chile

Our second day in Arica was the 7th of June which is the anniversary of the Battle of Arica that happened in 1880. Chile and Peru fought over the land ending in a battle on the hill that ended in the death of over 1,000 Peruvians. We decided to hike up this hill.

there are a lot of earthquakes in Chile, 
so there are tons of signs telling you to get the fuck away from the ocean when a tsunami is coming

every building is a different color 

view of the city from the hill 

look how excited I am!

there were Chilean flags, canons, and tanks all over the hill 

I love Jesus!

 the sidewalk up was exhausting-the way down should have just been a slide

still haven't quite figured these grave/memorials out, but they're everywhere 

the circus was in town! I couldn't figure out when is was, 
but I kept seeing these awesome signs and saw the bright pink trucks and a camel in a parking lot. 
Super bummed I didn't get to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment